Skip to main content

"Rat-folk of the Silver Tower" - Skaven Deathrunner

This cunning murderer has been 
dispatched to the battlefield
on a mission of assassination.
By poisoned blade and shadow magic 
does he strike down his mark.



An assassin is loose this week on The Art of Caesura!

For those of you who haven't played Warhammer Quest: Silver Tower...do so now. For the rest of you, you'll likely know all about the model (or models) I got painted this week.

In the game, the Skaven Deathrunner is like a mini-boss. He has a million wounds and can make an illusory version of himself to really push your poop in. 

Usually I like to paint multiples of the same model differently, but because these models were supposed to be identical illusion of each other, I tried to make them as similar as possible.


Warhammer Quest Silver Tower

Okay, one of the many things I loved about Silver Tower was the massive variety of models it came with. I mean, I never really thought I'd have an opportunity to paint a Skaven model, but here it is...both of 'em!


Warhammer Quest Silver Tower

I get what GDub were going for when they painted this guy with the pale pink flesh, but I prefer an assassin like him to have darker, earthier tones.

Warhammer Quest Silver Tower

Warhammer Quest Silver Tower

I did some poisonous purple inks on the double-bladed dagger, but it's a bit tricky to see in the photos. 

Warhammer Quest Silver Tower

Warhammer Quest Silver Tower

I've been chuffed to have a good few people ask how I made my bases, so many that I actually went back and rewrote the article that I had originally made so that it's a bit more viewer-friendly.

Warhammer Quest Silver Tower

Well friends, thanks for joining me for another sunny Friday on The Art of Caesura!


Watching: Sleepless - Baran bo Odar
Reading: White Dwarf (May)
Drinking: Big Bangin' IPA - McGargles


Next Week:

By the light of the moon(head)...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Full Stop - Oathsworn: Into the Deepwood

The monstrous Deepwood has consumed the land.  No farms or fields remain. There is only corruption, rot and the endless shadow of the twisted trees. ~ Shadowborne Games Pot's Peace, Oathsworn. Welcome to The Art of Caesura! What's all this then, TWO posts in one day!? Well yes, you see timing is of the essence here. Today marks the 200th post of The Art of Caesura , so if you haven't had a chance to check out the celebratory post, please do so !  There is also a Kickstarter ongoing at the moment, that I am getting quite excited by, but it closes on Tuesday, so if I left it till next Friday to tell you about it...it would be too late! Hence, in a world first, two hits of The Art of Caesura in one day! Now onward, into the world of Oathsworn: Into the Deepwood ! Credit: Shadowborne Games Nota bene : I am not associated with Shadowborne Games, and am just writing this because it is something that I am genuinely excited about. None of the

Warhammer 40k for Beginners - Writing an Army List

Hello again good friends of the Caesura! I am glad to report that I am feeling much better than last week, recovered from most of my COVID symptoms. Continuing from last week's post , I'm ready to tell you more about the lists that JP and I took for my first game of Warhammer 40k in over a decade and a half.  I have tried to write this post for those who know very little about playing Warhammer 40k (which was me when I started preparing for this game).  So, I knew that I wanted to keep things straightforward for my first game and that we were playing to 500 points. For those non-warhammerites, this is basically the smallest game you can play - less moving parts to keep track of.  Here is my list again, but this time I will discuss what it all means, and my thought process behind each choice: + Stratagems [-1CP] + Stratagem: Revered Repositories [-1CP] This just means that before the game I used one of my finite resources ("Command Points") to buy a very fancy weapon (

"The Skinny" - Scale 75 Flesh Paint Set Review

The complexion of a light-skinned face  divides into three zones: The forehead has a light golden colour  because it's freer of muscles and surface capillaries. The ears, cheeks and nose all lie within the central zone of the face.  Those areas have more capillaries carrying oxygenated blood near the surface, causing the reddish colour... The zone from the nose to the chin (where there are relatively more veins carrying blue deoxygenated blood) tends toward a bluish, greenish or greyish colour. Some artists accentuated this subtle bluish or greenish hue to bring out the reddish lip colour. Color and Light (page 156) - James Gurney Welcome all to The Art of Caesura! So I finished all the models in Warhammer Quest Silver Tower!! Wooohooo!! Now for something a bit different!  This week I'm going to do something I've never done on the blog before: write a review!! I've been wanting to write my thoughts on  Scale 75 's Flesh Paint Set for ov